Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Favorite Find Of The Week

 Thrift shopping is the new black & I'm in love. I have a new obsession with going to Goodwill stores, random thrift shops (like St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Store), and other shops that pride themselves on re-purposing items. I try not to buy new when there is so much out there that with a little bit of imagination and maybe a scrub down, it's like brand new. America is obsessed with mass producing items and half of them end up in the clearance aisle because that store bought too much. This is ruining our Earth... I won't go any further, you get the point. 
I love looking for items that "scream" they belong to me and it helps make my house that much more personable.  The hunt, the find, and the good price... why isn't everyone addicted to this? Tons of items are are gently used and some have never been used. There ARE some items that I would be scared to touch but guess what?! I don't have to. I wash and wipe down everything and then it's all mine.

I found this awesome 1950s(ish) orange juice pitcher. There was just something about it that was so happy. I love things with a lot of history and this screamed it. I picture a 1950s family eating pancakes on a Saturday morning with their fresh squeezed orange juice in this simple pitcher. I swear I was born in the wrong decade but instead I was born in the 1980s with the love of a 50s pitcher.    
               Wouldn't you rather have orange juice in my lovely pitcher instead of... cardboard. Yuck! Everything tastes better in a pretty glass and strawberries never hurt anything. 

I also found a beautiful sunshine yellow table cloth and some turquoise/green/white/yellow cloth napkins. Some awesome finds for this lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment