Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fresh Start

Needless to say, I fell off the blog wagon. I don't believe that I have fallen out of love with photography but I have definitely learned that my heart is with other passions. Now, photography does fall under art, so I know I will dabble here and there but my true passion has always been painting and making art with that and paper.... & fabric & buttons, glitter, ribbon, oh & stamps too! I honestly get in a groove where I will paint like crazy and make like 3 pieces and then I will come across a blog where they give a tutorial on how to make wristlets and then before I know it, I'm dragging out my sewing machine & buying a crap ton of fabric.

I've just decided that I don't want to limit myself. I feel like I have been limited by people around me or limited myself for far to long. I've spent a lot of time realizing that I hold myself back because I was concerned about what people think or what other people do. I am LITERALLY having to train my brain to think differently. It's not easy. It's like ripping up a concrete path with your finger nails and replacing it with mulch and flowers. Hard process but it will be worth it in the end.

So, I'm not limiting myself to anything. Or trying not to. This blog included. I'm not going to judge myself. Not with my thoughts or my feelings or my grammar and punctuation. I know there are some of you out there (ahem.) that will be correcting all my mistakes but just keep it to yourself. I need to figure things out on my own and trust me, I have always judged myself much harder than you ever could.

So, some rules, (mainly for me):
1. No judging - my art may suck but I make it for me. If you like it, it's a bonus in my world. But, you may think "Gosh this girl is awful!" And that's fine but don't spread your hate around here.

2. No erasing. I often feel bad about how I feel and I am working on accepting my feelings instead of suppressing them. I suggest you do the same. Haha!

3. When in doubt take my comments as sarcasm. I have a great sense of humor (i think)and often make sarcastic comments. So when in doubt assume I'm being sarcastic & I never mean to offend.

4. Share your work, advice, quotes (i love quotes!), we all have inspiration to give. And I will be sharing some blogs where I find A LOT of my inspiration. They deserve tons of credit. I will share the love soon and you will thank me when I pass on their magic.

5. Have fun, Have faith, Life is too short not to.

I'm sure I could think of more but that's good for now.

First up, changing the blog. I don't know how or to what but I love changing it around. Then pictures of stuff I've already made. Then we will go from there.

So, let the creating begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment