Friday, May 10, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things...

is the sound of music song stuck in your head after reading that title. yeah, me too. :)

too much, i shared too much and wasn't comfortable with it. and in the end, i have to feel comfortable with what i do here.  so i erased it. but the following are items that make me happy and i want to share with you.
onto the happy things.


i love mail!!! i love stamps!!! i love thank you notes, love letters, pen pals. i love postcards! i think writing a beautiful letter and putting it in an envelope with a stamp is a lost art. call me crazy but it is. i love getting and recieving invitations to partys. i would much rather get and send a letter in the mail than an evite.
these are the pretty invitations that i sent out today for my cousin's baby shower.  it didn't talk long and it is worth the extra effort to make the envelope pretty. i'm not going to lie, i hope a mailperson sorting the mail notices them and takes note of it, maybe even smile about it. i hope the people recieving the invite are excited to open it and proud to have it on their fridge until the event. maybe because i daydream about these things is why i go to the extra effort.  it is a way i show love. the effort and thought are ways that i show people i care. 
getting pretty mail totally makes my day and makes me feel like someone thought of me.

Trader Joe's Lavender Lotion. O. My. Gosh. it is calming. it is theraputic. it is comforting.
i highly recommend it.

i have loved coffee for a long time but not untill recently i learned how to make it myself.  before when i made it, it was bitter and hard to swallow. now i have learned what i like.  if you can't read that picture it says Internation Delight Irish Creme = Amazing!
highly recommend

what are some of your favorite things? anything that helps you keep the peace in your brain?

No comments:

Post a Comment